The need is great – and we want to get these dresses and shorts to the children who need them most so we have a criteria to ensure this happens, as much as possible.
- The organisation, charity, children’s home or school, is reputable with a website or parent body website
- There is a contact who works for the organisation and is well known to the organisation and contactable
- The children, who are the recipients, are in need of assistance
- There will be photograph of the children in the dresses at the distribution point – this is sometimes not appropriate – such as kids in care or those who have been trafficked and may come to harm, and therefore may not be required
- There is an agreement that the clothes are given freely not sold in any way
- There is contact through the exchange and delivery
- There is followup after the delivery
In some cases, such as an individual distributing clothes, the distribution will be limited to a few clothes until trust between the parties has been gained.